Thursday, November 20

I'm a Writer, I Promise

Yes, I have not posted in a long time. This has happened before, and usually when it does I try to figure out why I've lost interest and then I try to reimagine this blog so I can get excited about it again. I got tired of writing newsy stuff, and then I got tired of reflecting on what I was reading. I think I might be ready to write again, though. Still about books, but this time more critically. I've been struggling to write in most of the forms I'm used to because they tend to be stream of consciousness, and that comes pretty easily to me. But now, while I'm applying to MFA programs and trying to make good as a fiction writer, I realize that I need a lot more discipline and a lot less pretentiousness. So I need a format that I can follow, that will help me structure my writing better and force me to consider my audience more. I'm not ready to start publishing fiction up here (it's bad, trust me - that's why I'm trying to go back to school), but I love writing about my reading. In order to try to structure it more, I'm going to try and write book reviews for the time being. So instead of my ramblings, hopefully what you'll get is a well-organized, concise report on what I thought about a book and what I think you'll think about it. This may or may not interest anyone, but I hope I'll get something out of writing it, and maybe along the way someone will find it useful. That said, I'm currently rereading The Chronicles of Narnia, and I don't know how you review something so epic, but I'll do my best. Coming soon!

1 comment:

Jenny Fleming said...

M-CHILL IS BACK YIPEEEEE