The fact that my memory for childhood cassette tapes is so eerily accurate is a testament to the level of insanity at which I'm currently functioning. The following is excerpted from the bike race episode of GT and the Halo Express. Allegorize at will. And don't judge.
Michael: At last - the campsite! That fire's gonna feel great.
Theresa: I could sure use a hot shower. And a massage.
Billy: So the Hide & Seek Kids finally made it. Or should I say "the Hide & Weak Kids." Ha ha HA ha ha HA ha ha. You're gonna cry when you find out how far behind you are. My team's way out in front. Ha ha HA ha ha HA ha ha.
Theresa: I don't like him. I don't like this race! I don't like camping!
Kristy: Maybe tomorrow will be better. Maybe tomorrow we can catch up.
Michael: Ok, let's look at the facts, Kristy. Billy Baxter's ahead. I'm exhausted, Warren's weak, and Theresa wants to quit. It's just a whole lot harder than we thought.
Kristy: But we can do it. I think.
Michael: You think?
Kristy: We can't give up, Michael!
Theresa: We should've stayed home. I could be sleeping in my nice soft bed.
Michael (fading out): We could be eating pizza and watching TV.
Kristy: GT and Guardian, don't tell anyone. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to get on that bike tomorrow. I'm so tired and so discouraged.
Guardian: Oh, Kristy, it was a wonderful thing to enter the bike-a-thon. Don't you want to see it through to the finish?
Kristy: More than anything, but everyone keeps complaining about how hard it is, and they're blaming me.
Guardian: You can't let people spoil your dreams, Kristy. Dreams are given to you by God, and together with Him you can make them happen.
Kristy: But where am I gonna get the strength?
GT: Ask God for the strength. And then carefully listen for His voice. God's gonna keep His promises.
(They sing)
Song In My Head: "Isaiah 40:30-31" - "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength."
2 comments:
GT and the Halo Express? Is this a cartoon? A NEW YORK cartoon?
Thanks for taking back to our childhood! That was refreshing. I miss you!
Post a Comment