So, I had my nanny interview on Tuesday, and it was just ok. I wasn't completely sold on the job. I think the actual interview was fine, but I guess I'm not sure I want to hang out with five kids who aren't mine for only 80 bucks a day. However, beggars can't be choosers, so it's not off the table.
In other news, I decided to return to my retail roots and possibly work at the Gap or one of its affiliates. I had an interesting experience applying for Old Navy online (go to gapinc.com/storejobs and see it for yourself - they seem to care a lot more about your personal morality than your education or work experience), but today I went to the Gap at Times Square and put in an application in person. I think they liked me because I know what they're all about since I worked there for so long. Even though initially I was intimidated at the thought of working at such a high traffic location, I think it could be really fun. Why not work at Times Square in the heart of New York for a few months? It's not like this is a career choice. So, all that to say, if they offer me a job I'm going to take it. If they don't, I'll keep looking ... there's always Starbucks. I would appreciate prayer for guidance, particularly if I end up having to keep looking.
Everything else is a-ok ... I love the house more and more. I've had good quality time with everyone and they are wonderful. Jonathan is a chef and we all know how lacking I am in that department, so he gave me a lesson the other day :) I may or may not have learned anything permanent, but we had a great time. Please pray that genuine relationships continue to develop and that as a whole we intentionally grow into a community that practices the love of Christ.
Song In My Head: "Cover Me" - Bebo Norman. Jesus covers everything, and that's an exceedingly comforting thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment