This weekend was pretty uneventful. I spent more time in the park, which was great. I'm giving myself permission to play around a little more the next couple weeks since I have a job now and I don't have to stress about looking for one. Also, I discovered a Chinese place up the street with FABULOUS sesame chicken, so eating in is looking like a good option :)
Last night I went to church with my housemate Jonathan. He goes to Redeemer, which is the one I've been looking forward to the most b/c it is a sister church of my church in Athens. It was a really cool experience. There was the comfort and familiarity of being in a place that is very similar to where I came from, but this was definitely a more city-fied version! For starters, the West Side evening service meets in a Baptist church, which I felt to be sort of vindicating. There was a verse about burial through baptism in huge letters at the front. Finally, my roots and my current preferences are meshing! No disrespect to my Athens Presbyterian friends, but those of you who know me well know how I've struggled with the great divide between what's acceptable in our church and the views of other denominations. So it is really encouraging to see the sound teaching I so appreciate about Presbyterians with some more contemporary, artsy worship and opportunities for fellowship. I'm going to research their small group options today and see if one fits my schedule and interests. I still plan to check out a couple more churches, but this one feels like it's a good fit.
Well, I suppose that's it for now. Please pray for the community in the house. There are several that I've become very close to individually, but I feel like there's a lack of unity in the group, and there's a very sharp divide on at least a couple issues that could really become a problem if we're not willing to compromise.
Song In My Head: "Shout To The Lord" - I sang it at a Presbyterian church!!
1 comment:
Hi Michelle. Mom and I are really enjoying being able to follow your progress on your blog!
Post a Comment